You will find our calendar of upcoming tournaments below. All tournaments are highlighted in green, except for those considered to be World Tournaments (highlighted in orange) whilst those highlighted in blue indicate tournaments that have completed and are awaiting ratings confirmation.
All applications for rating a specific tournament are to be forwarded to the Tournament & Rating Committee using this
. For all general tournament rating enquiries, you can contact the
ABOUT WESPA RATED TOURNAMENTS
WESPA's Scrabble Calendar is a truly global one - the tournament schedule is co-ordinated by the Tournament & Rating Committee and sets the rating criteria for tournaments on the World circuit.
Tournaments meeting the following criteria will be eligible for WESPA rating as International Tournaments:
- The World Championships,
- (a) Any International tournaments awarding a top prize of U$2500 or more;
(b) OR attracting significant level of international participation (no more than 60% of participants from any one country);
- Team tournaments between countries.
- Tournaments ancillary to, and organised in conjunction with, those eligible under points 1 to 3 above.
Tournaments are Open to all players without discrimination (Invitational events will be screened by the committee on a case-by-case basis, provided that qualification and/or selection method is conducted in a transparent manner and based either on WESPA or domestic ratings, i.e. Masters event, etc)
Tournaments are to be played to the current version of WESPA tournament rules (WESPA Rules V3), except where variations have been permitted by prior arrangement with WESPA. Organisers must pay the WESPA ratings levy (currently US$1 per player for members and $2 otherwise, subject to a minimum of U$20). Organisers must make available to WESPA all relevant documentation and publicity material including but not limited to: application form, tournament flyers, etc.
In addition, WESPA will offer to rate the following as Local
tournaments a number of tournaments not meeting the criteria for International Tournaments subject to the following criteria:
- The member national association of WESPA in whose jurisdiction the tournament is played supports the application for rating;
- (a) Any number of NASPA CSW15 tournaments played in North America are eligible;
(b) outside North America, not more than 8 such tournaments in a calendar year for a Class 1 member of WESPA,
(c) and not more than 4 such tournaments in a calendar year for a Class 2 member of WESPA.
- Tournaments played to the current version of WESPA Rules (including the word source specified therein), or to national rules if this has been agreed in advance with WESPA;
- Payment of the applicable tournament levy (US$1 per participant, subject to a minimum of U$20);
- At least 30% of the players must already have an existing WESPA rating.
- Organisers must make available to WESPA all relevant documentation and publicity material as aforementioned under International Tournaments.